First things first, what is net metering?
It is a billing system that gives solar panel owners the credit they deserve for the extra electricity their panels produce.
This system is available in most states, but not every state has it. Here are the benefits of net metering to homeowners with solar:
- More money in your pocket – With net metering, you get compensated for the extra electricity your solar panels produce. This means that you can save money on your electric bill each month.
- Helps the environment – Not only are you saving money with net metering, but you’re also helping the environment. Solar energy is clean and renewable, so you’re helping reduce your carbon footprint using net metering.
- Easy to set up – Net metering is relatively easy. In most cases, all you need is a solar panel system and an agreement with your utility company.
- Saves you money in the long run – In addition to saving you money each month, net metering can also save you money in the long run. With net metering, you’re essentially getting paid for generating your electricity. This can help offset the initial cost of your solar panel system over time.
- Makes going solar more attractive – Net metering makes going solar more attractive to potential solar panel buyers. More people are likely to switch to solar with the added incentive of getting paid for the extra electricity your panels produce.
Net metering is an excellent option if you’re considering going solar; it can save you monthly money. Check with your state and utility company to see if net metering is available in your area.
Get Solar Panel Installation Services in Sacramento and the Surrounding 45-Mile Radius
There are several brands of solar panels, but which one offers the most benefits? As Clear Efficiency, we stand by and install SunPower solar panels.
Among its perks are that it comes complete with all components designed to work together. It also has a guaranteed peak power rating of 92%, which is more than any conventional brand.
Besides, SunPower is the most efficient solar in the market, with up to 22.7% efficiency.
Want to have yours installed? We’re more than happy to do it for you. Give us a call, and we’ll set up an appointment for a site assessment.