Windows are significant investments for any homeowner. They’re designed to protect your home, look great, and last for decades. But even the best windows might need replacement after 10 or 15 years. So when should you begin looking at replacement windows?
Here are seven signs that it’s time to replace yours this fall:
- Your windows are older than ten years old – Though there is no hard-and-fast rule, most window manufacturers recommend replacing their products every 20 years, so they continue to provide optimal protection and energy efficiency for homeowners.
- You can feel drafts of cold air around your windows – If you start feeling a cold breeze seeping through the cracks around your windows or between the panes of glass in your windows, it’s a sign that they might not be as tight as they were when you first had them installed.
- Your window glass has discoloration – This could be a sign of aging or, more likely, a result of moisture seeping into the window and damaging the seal between the panes of glass.
Either way, this is one of the major signs of wear and tear on your windows and means time for replacement windows.
- Your windows are foggy – If you notice that your windows have started to develop a noticeable film or haze that blurs your vision from outside looking in, then you probably need new windows.
This can be an easy fix if it happens before replacing your window frames, so talk to your window replacement company about options before it’s too late.
- Your windows stick or don’t close easily – If you notice that your windows begin to stick when you try to shut them, this might be a sign of humidity damage on the window frames.
It could also mean they need a good cleaning, which you or a professional cleaner can do.
- You have broken seals – Over time, you may notice water spots starting to form on the panes of glass in your windows, or perhaps you see fog between the panes.
This can be an indication of a broken seal. When water gets down to the glazing where the two panes meet, it will cause damage if not immediately dried up.
- Your windows are outdated – Older windows are less energy-efficient, and an upgrade will help keep your house warm and significantly reduce your energy bills.
An excellent option to consider is Bayview Windows by Anlin. Some of the benefits include:
- Has low heating costs
- Top aesthetic appeal
- Reduced noise transference
- Top UV Protection
- Low maintenance
Want a Bayview Window Installation?
If you notice any of these signs, it’s probably time to get new replacement windows! And if you live in Sacramento and the surrounding 45-Mile radius, you’re in luck.
Clear Efficiency offers top-notch Bayview window installation at very affordable rates. Visit our office or contact us for a free consultation and any other window-related services.