In all fairness, this is a good question.
Most, if not all, homeowners know they need to insulate their homes, but the reason behind it has always been a mystery to most.
Let's start with defining what it is.
Naturally, heat flows from the warmer places to the colder areas.
So, if it is winter, inside your house will be warmer than the outside. Therefore, heat will flow from the inside to the outside.
The same happens during summer. Outside will be hotter than inside, and so more heat will get into your house, making it even more uncomfortable.
Both cases are the opposite of what any homeowner would want. And so, insulation tries to seal off any spaces that may allow the movement of heat inside or outside.
Often these places are the walls, roofs(attic), and sometimes windows and doors.
But the benefits of insulation do not just stop at keeping a consistent home temperature. Others include
- Low energy consumption: With insulation, you will not have to crack up the heater or AC to regulate the temperature. As a result, you will have better energy efficiency and low energy bills.
- Lowered risk of mold or rotting: With high-quality water-resistant insulation, you will be able to prevent cases of dampness which often lead to rotting or mold and mildew.
These are very toxic and can lead to health risks. A good insulation brand that is sure to prevent this is Airsulate Insulation.
- Better air quality: Good insulation equals good airflow and better ventilation. It is a guarantee of a comfortable home all year round.
- Prevention of ice-dam: Ice-dam often forms during summer, and though not being a big issue itself, it can sometimes escalate to bigger ones like total rain gutter damage.
- Eliminate/regulate noises: Insulation can also act as a soundproof and reduce noises from outside.
What is the best insulation brand; Airsulate Insulation?
With the tremendous benefits of insulation, more and more companies are trying to develop new technologies and designs.
One of the brands that have the edge over the competition is Airsulate. It is a very innovative insulation option that comes with the guarantee of keeping your home comfortable all through the year.
It is usable in attic floors, walls, and ceilings, and it is entirely non-toxic.
Want to learn more about it or have it for your home? Contact Clear Efficiency if you live in Sacramento and the Surrounding 45-Mile Radius for a free consultation session and have a sit-down with the experts.