The importance of insulation in a home requires no more emphasis. The bottom line is, you get to reduce your energy bills by more than 35% with good insulation.
But what happens if you have ineffective insulation? Can you still gain this much?
The answer is no. Lousy insulation is as bad as having no insulation at all. Besides not offering enough energy efficiency, such insulation can also be a health hazard, especially in the case of mold build.
So how do you tell it is time to replace your existing insulation? Watch out for these signs.
- Your home is older; it was built in the 1970s or before; you have never changed the insulation – Every year, insulation companies develop better insulation methods that offer better insulation. The most improvement was made after the 1970s.
Besides, insulation loses its effectiveness over the years.
- You have experienced a leak – Have you noticed any leaking in your home? If so, your insulation has been compromised and will need immediate replacement.
- Water might have gotten into the insulation – If the water got to your insulation during the leak, then chances are, with the warm humidity, coupled up with moisture, there will be mold growth. To ensure you avoid such problems, have a professional carry out an inspection ASAP.
- Your home has suffered animal attacks – This is another major cause of bad insulation. When small animals like rats, bats, critters, mice, and squirrels find their way into your attic, walls, etc, they create habitats and even reproduce there.
As they multiply, the damage they have on your insulation and other home components becomes more significant.
So, if you have experienced animal infestation recently, it might be time to call in a professional.
- You have inconsistent temperature in your home – Have you noticed your home’s temperature is not consistent anymore?
The best explanation would be, your insulation has been compromised, and you may need a replacement or addition of insulation.
- Your cooling and heating bills have been skyrocketing – This is another tale-tell indication that something is wrong with your insulation.
But you cannot be sure of this unless you have a technician inspect your home and determine the cause of the problem.
Having a Good Home Insulation Is Essential For Your Home
Getting your home insulated is a continual journey that you need to keep inspecting and improving.
But, this does not have to be a task you do on your own. Hiring an insulation expert makes your life easier, reduces your energy bills, and ensures better air quality in your home.
Do you live in Sacramento and the Surrounding 45-Mile Radius? Get on the home insulation journey with us at Clear Efficiency.
We specialize in everything that entails saving energy, from solar panels and energy-efficient windows and doors to insulation.
We work with the best foam insulation in the market, that is, Airsulate Insulation.
Need our services? Call us at 916-438-2532 or email us at [email protected] and let’s begin the process.