Insulation is often overlooked despite being a fundamental and vital aspect of any home.
It’s well-known that proper insulation makes a huge difference in comfort in a home, but it may not be as easy to see the impact insulation can have on energy efficiency and the health of those living within it.
Here are a few reasons why replacing your home’s insulation is a good idea:
- To Maintain Temperature Control: The greater the temperature difference between the inside and outside of a building, the higher its cooling costs will be. Insulation effectively reduces this temperature difference.
- To Protect Your Home: Insulation is one of the most effective ways to protect your home from the harsh, cold winter and equally harsh summer temperatures. As an added benefit, it regulates your heating costs during summer.
- To Save Money: Insulation keeps indoor air temperatures low and can help to prevent unpleasant odors from accumulating and affecting the inside of your home. It also helps to lower your property’s heating and cooling costs throughout the year.
- To Ensure Safety: Brand new insulation may have improved resistance to fire and other forms of damage. Your current insulation may also be harboring a bacteria or mold problem that could negatively affect your family’s health.
- To Make Crawl Spaces More Ventilation Friendly: When you install the right amount of new insulation in your crawl space, you’ll increase ventilation without sacrificing comfort.
That said, how often should you replace your insulation?
Ideally, you’ll want to replace your insulation at least once every 1–15 years. Of course, this depends on several factors, including the age and type of insulation used.
- You’ll want to install new insulation when your current insulation is either damaged, old, or ineffective.
- You might also need to consider replacing your insulation if you’ve ever had a moisture problem or if you plan to make significant changes that will alter your home’s temperature.
- If you plan on installing new windows, for instance, this could be a great time to add in some new insulation.
Get Home Insulation Services in Sacramento and the Surrounding 45-Mile Radius
Clear Efficiency provides expert insulation services with over 14 years of experience. Our company will help you choose the proper insulation for your needs, replacing your existing insulation with quality products that protect against moisture and mold.
We also provide energy-efficient windows and doors and solar panels.
If you need help improving your home’s energy efficiency, feel free to contact our team at 916-438-2532 or fill in the contact form.